- M.Sc., Computer Science, 2019
- Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada
- B.Sc., Computer Engineering, 2017
- Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
After Alkan Lab
Baraa is now a Ph.D. candidate in Department of Computer Science at the University of British Columbia. He is a member of Faraz Hach lab.
- Fast and accurate matching of cellular barcodes across short-and long-reads of single-cell RNA-seq experiments. Ghazal Ebrahimi, Baraa Orabi*, Meghan Robinson, Cedric Chauve, Ryan Flannigan, Faraz Hach. iScience, 25 (7): 104530, 2022. *Co-first author
- Freddie: Annotation-independent Detection and Discovery of Transcriptomic Alternative Splicing Isoforms. Baraa Orabi, Brian McConeghy, Cedric Chauve, Faraz Hach. bioRxiv, accepted at RECOMB 2021.
- Alignment-free clustering of UMI tagged DNA molecules. Baraa Orabi, Emre Erhan, Brian McConeghy, Stanislav V Volik, Stephane Le Bihan, Robert Bell, Colin C Collins, Cedric Chauve, and Faraz Hach. Bioinformatics, 2019.