BacGenTrack – An integrated system for Bacterial Genome Tracking
using high throughput sequencing technology: from identification to
BacGenTrack - Bakteriyel Genom Takibi için tesbitten
görselleştirmeye yüksek ölçekli dizileme teknolojilerini kullanan
Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey
- PI: Can Alkan and Joao Andre Carriço
- Collaborators: Amit Jain (Seven Bridges Genomics), Özem Kalay
(Seven Bridges Genomics)
- Total 163,536 TL for two years.
- The goal of this project is develop new algorithms for the field
of molecular epidemiology.
High throughput sequencing (HTS) provides researchers the ultimate tool
to analyze outbreaks and study bacterial determinants of virulence and
resistance. However data analysis is demanding in computational terms
and expertise. We propose to implement a user-friendly web system and
novel analysis algorithms needed to facilitate the analysis and provide
the essential data sharing tools necessary for its effective use in the
field of Molecular Epidemiology.
- Graph based plasmid identification in bacteria. Fatma Kahveci, Özem Kalay, Amit
Jain, Tiago Filipe Jesus, João André Carriço, Can
Alkan. Eleventh International Symposium on
Health Informatics and Bioinformatics (HIBIT), October 25-27, 2018,
Antalya, Turkey. Oral presentation by F. Kahveci.