- M.Sc., Computer Engineering, Spring 2017
- Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- Thesis: “Characterization of short tandem repeats using local assembly ”.
- B. Sc., Computer Engineering, Spring 2014
- Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
- Characterizing microsatellite polymorphisms using assembly-based and mapping-based tools. Gülfem Demir and Can Alkan. Turkish J of Biology, 43, 264-273, 2019.
- Determining the origin of synchronous multifocal bladder cancer by exome sequencing. Ömer Acar, Ezgi Özkurt, Gulfem Demir, Hilal Saraç, Can Alkan, Tarık Esen, Mehmet Somel, Nathan A. Lack. BMC Cancer, Nov 9;15:871, 2015.
After Alkan Lab
After obtaining her M.Sc. degree, Gülfem first worked as a Software Engineer at Seven Bridges Genomics in Boston, MA, United States. She then moved to Facebook in London, UK, where she works as a Production Engineer.