- Ph.D. Candidate, Computer Engineering, Fall 2014 - left the program in 2021.
- Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- M.Sc., Computer Engineering, Spring 2014
- B. Sc., Mathematics, 2012
- TOBB University of Economy and Technology, Ankara, Turkey
- Whole-genome shotgun sequence CNV detection using read depth. Fatma Kahveci and Can Alkan. Methods Mol Biol., 1833:61-72, 2018.
- An integrated map of structural variation in 2,504 human genomes. Peter H. Sudmant, Tobias Rausch, Eugene J. Gardner, Robert E. Handsaker, Alexej Abyzov, John Huddleston, Yan Zhang, Kai Ye, Goo Jun, Markus Hsi-Yang Fritz, Miriam K. Konkel, Ankit Malhotra, Adrian M. Stütz, Xinghua Shi, Francesco Paolo Casale, Jieming Chen, Fereydoun Hormozdiari, Gargi Dayama, Ken Chen, Maika Malig, Mark J. P. Chaisson, Klaudia Walter, Sascha Meiers, Seva Kashin, Erik Garrison, Adam Auton, Hugo Y. K. Lam, Xinmeng Jasmine Mu, Can Alkan, Danny Antaki, Taejeong Bae, Eliza Cerveira, Peter Chines, Zechen Chong, Laura Clarke, Elif Dal, Li Ding, Sarah Emery, Xian Fan, Madhusudan Gujral, Fatma Kahveci, Jeffrey M. Kidd, Yu Kong, Eric-Wubbo Lameijer, Shane McCarthy, Paul Flicek, Richard A. Gibbs, Gabor Marth, Christopher E. Mason, Androniki Menelaou, Donna M. Muzny, Bradley J. Nelson, Amina Noor, Nicholas F. Parrish, Matthew Pendleton, Andrew Quitadamo, Benjamin Raeder, Eric E. Schadt, Mallory Romanovitch, Andreas Schlattl, Robert Sebra, Andrey A. Shabalin, Andreas Untergasser, Jerilyn A. Walker, Min Wang, Fuli Yu, Chengsheng Zhang, Jing Zhang, Xiangqun Zheng-Bradley, Wanding Zhou, Thomas Zichner, Jonathan Sebat, Mark A. Batzer, Steven A. McCarroll, The 1000 Genomes Project Consortium, Ryan E. Mills, Mark B. Gerstein, Ali Bashir, Oliver Stegle, Scott E. Devine, Charles Lee, Evan E. Eichler, Jan O. Korbel. Nature, Oct 1; 526 (7571):75–81, 2015.
- A global reference for human genetic variation. 1000 Genomes Project Consortium. Nature, Oct 1; 526 (7571):68–74, 2015. Fatma Kahveci contributed to the structural variation analyses.
After Alkan Lab
Fatma has received her M.Sc. degree from Bilkent University and then continued her Ph.D. studies. During her M.Sc., she worked on read depth bias correction in exome sequencing data, and her PhD. project was on MLST profile creation workflow for bacterial species, in collaboration with Dr. Joao Carriço. Fatma left the program in 2021.