- M.Sc., Computer Engineering, Fall 2014
- Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- Thesis: “Genome scaffolding using pooled clone sequencing”.
- B. Sc., Computer Engineering, 2012
- Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
- Evaluation of genome scaffolding tools using pooled clone sequencing. Elif Dal and Can Alkan. Turkish J of Biology, 42, 471-476, 2018.
- An integrated map of structural variation in 2,504 human genomes. Peter H. Sudmant, Tobias Rausch, Eugene J. Gardner, Robert E. Handsaker, Alexej Abyzov, John Huddleston, Yan Zhang, Kai Ye, Goo Jun, Markus Hsi-Yang Fritz, Miriam K. Konkel, Ankit Malhotra, Adrian M. Stütz, Xinghua Shi, Francesco Paolo Casale, Jieming Chen, Fereydoun Hormozdiari, Gargi Dayama, Ken Chen, Maika Malig, Mark J. P. Chaisson, Klaudia Walter, Sascha Meiers, Seva Kashin, Erik Garrison, Adam Auton, Hugo Y. K. Lam, Xinmeng Jasmine Mu, Can Alkan, Danny Antaki, Taejeong Bae, Eliza Cerveira, Peter Chines, Zechen Chong, Laura Clarke, Elif Dal, Li Ding, Sarah Emery, Xian Fan, Madhusudan Gujral, Fatma Kahveci, Jeffrey M. Kidd, Yu Kong, Eric-Wubbo Lameijer, Shane McCarthy, Paul Flicek, Richard A. Gibbs, Gabor Marth, Christopher E. Mason, Androniki Menelaou, Donna M. Muzny, Bradley J. Nelson, Amina Noor, Nicholas F. Parrish, Matthew Pendleton, Andrew Quitadamo, Benjamin Raeder, Eric E. Schadt, Mallory Romanovitch, Andreas Schlattl, Robert Sebra, Andrey A. Shabalin, Andreas Untergasser, Jerilyn A. Walker, Min Wang, Fuli Yu, Chengsheng Zhang, Jing Zhang, Xiangqun Zheng-Bradley, Wanding Zhou, Thomas Zichner, Jonathan Sebat, Mark A. Batzer, Steven A. McCarroll, The 1000 Genomes Project Consortium, Ryan E. Mills, Mark B. Gerstein, Ali Bashir, Oliver Stegle, Scott E. Devine, Charles Lee, Evan E. Eichler, Jan O. Korbel. Nature, Oct 1; 526 (7571):75–81, 2015.
- A global reference for human genetic variation. 1000 Genomes Project Consortium. Nature, Oct 1; 526 (7571):68–74, 2015. Elif Dal contributed to the structural variation analyses.
- Whole genome sequencing of Turkish genomes reveals functional private alleles and impact of genetic interactions with Europe, Asia and Africa. Can Alkan, Pınar Kavak, Mehmet Somel, Omer Gokcumen, Serkan Uğurlu, Ceren Saygı, Elif Dal, Kuyaş Buğra, Tunga Güngör, S Cenk Sahinalp, Nesrin Özören and Cemalettin Bekpen. BMC Genomics, 15(1):963, 2014.
After Alkan Lab
Elif has received her M.Sc. degree from Bilkent University. During her M.Sc., she worked on genome scaffolding algorithms. Elif is now employed as a Software Engineer at Siemens in Ankara, Turkey.