- Ph.D., Computer Engineering, 2018
- Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- Thesis: “Algorithms for Structural Variation Discovery Using Multiple Sequence Signatures”.
- M.Sc., Computer Engineering, 2013
- TOBB University of Economy and Technology, Ankara, Turkey
- Thesis: “Effective similarity calculation in biological databases”.
- B.Sc., Computer Engineering, 2007
- Işık University, Istanbul, Turkey
Publications at Alkan Lab
A robust benchmark for detection of germline large deletions and insertions. Justin M. Zook, Nancy F. Hansen, Nathan D. Olson, Lesley M. Chapman, James C. Mullikin, Chunlin Xiao, Stephen Sherry, Sergey Koren, Adam M, Phillippy, Paul C. Boutros, Sayed Mohammad E. Sahraeian, Vincent Huang, Alexandre Rouette, Noah Alexander, Christopher E. Mason, Iman Hajirasouliha, Camir Ricketts, Joyce Lee, Rick Tearle, Ian T. Fiddes, Alvaro Martinez-Barrio, Jeremiah Wala, Andrew Carroll, Noushin Ghaffari, Oscar L. Rodriguez, Ali Bashir, Shaun Jackman, John J. Farrell, Aaron M. Wenger, Can Alkan, Arda Soylev, Michael C. Schatz, Shilpa Garg, George Church, Tobias Marschall, Ken Chen, Xian Fan, Adam C. English, Jeffrey A. Rosenfeld, Weichen Zhou, Ryan E. Mills, Jay M. Sage, Jennifer R. Davis, Michael D. Kaiser, John S. Oliver, Anthony P. Catalano, Mark J.P. Chaisson, Noah Spies, Fritz J. Sedlazeck, Mark Salit. Nature biotechnology 38, no. 11 (2020): 1347-1355.
Discovery of tandem and interspersed segmental duplications using high throughput sequencing. Arda Soylev, Thong Le, Hajar Amini, Can Alkan and Fereydoun Hormozdiari. Bioinformatics 35, no. 20 (2019): 3923-3930.
Toolkit for automated and rapid discovery of structural variants. Arda Soylev, Can Kockan, Fereydoun Hormozdiari, and Can Alkan. Methods 129 (2017): 3-7.
After Alkan Lab
Arda is now working as a PostDoc researcher with Tobias Marschall at Heinrich-Heine University, Institute for Medical Biometry and Bioinformatics.